TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Florida Attorney General: My Email is Not Spam!

Re: Florida Attorney General: My Email is Not Spam!

Wesrock@aol.com
Sat, 24 Dec 2005 19:53:17 EST

In a message dated Sat, 24 Dec 2005 14:41:08 -0600, Reuters News Wire <
reuters@telecom-digest.org> writes:

[ ... ]

> Crist was not immediately available for comment. But Vivian Myrtetus,
> a spokeswoman for his gubernatorial campaign, denied that he was
> somehow holding himself to different standards than other e-mailers.

> "This is not spam. This is truthful, it's straight forward. We're
> honest. To be spam it has to be, under Florida law, defined as being
> deceptive," Myrtetus.

Spam has to be "deceptive"? Certainly a lot of the messages most
people would define as spam may or may not be true. They are none the less
annoying if they are true.

Wes Leatherock
wesrock@aol.com

Go to Next message: Seth Breidbart: "Re: NYC Transit Strike Midst Cold Weather and Christmas"
Go to Previous message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: A Merry Christmas For a Helpless Dog Who was Frozen Outside"
May be in reply to: Reuters News Wire: "Florida Attorney General: My Email is Not Spam!"