TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Cell Phone to Land Line

Cell Phone to Land Line

medfield@gmail.com
15 Dec 2005 16:26:37 -0800

Hello, I need some help. I have been searching Google all day long
looking for a solution for a possible Christmas gift. What I am
trying to find out is how do I create my own docking station for a
cell phone.

My brother has an LG vx4500
http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01/wireless/detail-page/vx4500-1.gif
and I am trying to connect it to a Homer Simpson phone (land line)
http://www.lazerbuilt.co.uk/graphics/phones/805homers.jpg

I know they make docking stations online, like the dock-n-talk or
Cidco Merge. But what I really want to try and do is make the
connector myself; it really shouldn't be that hard, so figured I would
ask around online for some tips.

I know sparkfun had an article for a rotary phone
http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorial/Port-O-Rotary/portable-rotary.htm but
that just seemed way to complicated, or maybe it is suppost to be. I
dont know.

Any response would be gratefully appreciated.

Go to Next message: Monty Solomon: "Bringing Prime Time to Video iPod"
Go to Previous message: Marcus Didius Falco: "[johnmacsgroup] Intel Researchers Sneak Up on Rootkits"
May be reply: GlowingBlueMist: "Re: Cell Phone to Land Line"
May be reply: John Levine: "Re: Cell Phone to Land Line"
May be reply: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Cell Phone to Land Line"
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: Cell Phone to Land Line"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page