TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Bell System Service Standard 'Green Books'- What is Used Now?

Re: Bell System Service Standard 'Green Books'- What is Used Now?

Steven Lichter (shlichter@diespammers.com)
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 01:21:56 GMT

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:

> I understand until the end of the old Bell System, AT&T published
> service standard indexes in something called the "Green Book". This
> was a collection of indexes that quantified service and performance
> quality in a variety of ways (billing accuracy, dial tone time, etc.)

> Would anyone know if the baby Bells replaced that with anything? Do
> the non-traditional carriers (ie VOIP) have any such performance
> standards?

> Some standards may be obsolete due to replacement of expensive
> electro-mechanical equipment with ESS. I suspect today the local,
> intermediate, and long haul land-side networks have more capacity than
> in the past. For example, obviously we don't want long waits for dial
> tone. However, an instantaneous dial tone at all times for all
> customers would push the index too far into the opposite direction and
> in the old days that mean excessive expensive equipment was in use.
> On the other hand, incomplete call completion and call cutoffs remain
> a problem on wireless calls.

> [public replies, please]

Yes they have, at least SBC and Quest have, they are still based on
the old BSP's.

The only good spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today?
(c) 2005 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot in Hell Co.

Go to Next message: AES: "Re: Bell System Service Standard 'Green Books'- What is Used Now?"
Go to Previous message: Mark Crispin: "Re: FTC Do Not Call List"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Bell System Service Standard 'Green Books'- What is Used Now?"