TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Voicepulse Owns Your Number

Re: Voicepulse Owns Your Number

Seth Breidbart (sethb@panix.com)
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 00:43:25 +0000 UTC

In article <telecom24.531.7@telecom-digest.org>, Fred Atkinson
<fatkinson@mishmash.com> wrote:

> I've sent Voicepulse notice that I expect them to release my number.
> They say they will not. In fact, they called me just a few minutes
> ago and said that the porting request from Carolina Net would be
> declined.

> I'm looking for recourse and I'm not interested in hearing that there
> is no recourse. Can anyone here make some suggestions as to most
> effective avenue to pursue?

Port it to a landline carrier, then port it to Carolina net. Numbers
port only between carriers that have agreements, and VOIP carriers
tend not to have agreements with each other. They all have agreements
with the local landline companies in order to be able to _take_
numbers.

Seth

Go to Next message: Seth Breidbart: "Re: Holiday Observances Phone Rates (was Re: Kennedy)"
Go to Previous message: Seth Breidbart: "Re: Hollywood and BitTorrent Reach Agreement"
May be in reply to: Fred Atkinson: "Voicepulse Owns Your Number"