TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Voicepulse Owns Your Number

Voicepulse Owns Your Number

Fred Atkinson (fatkinson@mishmash.com)
Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:45:16 -0500

When I moved to NC, I wanted to use Vonage (as I was using them in SC
and I was pleased with the service). Unfortunately, they did not
provide numbers to this area.

I found Voicepulse as an alternative VOIP provider. I've had some
problems with their service and they've shown a complete lack of
interest in fixing them. The one that annoys me the most is still not
fixed. The first couple of problems I tried to escalate and was told
that there was no one to escalate to because the next level was the
CEO of the company and he wouldn't talk to me. They only fixed that
problem because I wouldn't lay off demanding to speak with him unless
they did.

So, our friend Jason put me in touch with Carolina Net. I've got
their phone installed and put in a request to report my NC number to
it.

Voicepulse says that they own the number. Apparently they have some
legalese that says they won't release it to another carrier. I went
to considerable trouble getting that number listed with Verizon's
directory assistance and I feel that number belongs to me.

I've sent Voicepulse notice that I expect them to release my number.
They say they will not. In fact, they called me just a few minutes
ago and said that the porting request from Carolina Net would be
declined.

I'm looking for recourse and I'm not interested in hearing that there
is no recourse. Can anyone here make some suggestions as to most
effective avenue to pursue?

Fred Atkinson

Go to Next message: Cellular-News: "Cellular-News for Wednesday 23rd November 2005"
Go to Previous message: Richard Mogford: "Old Teletype Machine"
May be reply: Ken Abrams: "Re: Voicepulse Owns Your Number"
May be reply: Michael D. Sullivan: "Re: Voicepulse Owns Your Number"
May be reply: Steve Sobol: "Re: Voicepulse Owns Your Number"
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: Voicepulse Owns Your Number"
May be reply: harold@hallikainen.com: "Re: Voicepulse Owns Your Number"
May be reply: Seth Breidbart: "Re: Voicepulse Owns Your Number"
May be reply: Scott Dorsey: "Re: Voicepulse Owns Your Number"
May be reply: John McHarry: "Re: Voicepulse Owns Your Number"
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: Voicepulse Owns Your Number"
May be reply: Carl Drueckhammer: "Re: Voicepulse Owns Your Number"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page