TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Los Angeles Numbering, 1940s

Re: Los Angeles Numbering, 1940s

Chris Williams (cbw@netins.net)
Thu, 24 Nov 2005 22:22:42 -0600

Hi Tim,

What a surprise to be reading along in comp.dcom.telecom and see
someone mention California Drip and Tinkle. I grew up in Monrovia also
(MSH '65). I can remember back in very early 1950s we had an AE-40 and
to call my aunt and uncle in Highland Park we had to get the long
distance operator by dialing 110. When were you in Monrovia?

Regards,

Chris Williams

Go to Next message: Dan Lanciani: "Re: Old Teletype Machine"
Go to Previous message: John Levine: "Re: GAIT vrs. GSM and Other Cell Phones"
May be in reply to: Paul Coxwell: "Los Angeles Numbering, 1940s"