TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Los Angeles Numbering, 1940s

Re: Los Angeles Numbering, 1940s

Steven Lichter (shlichter@diespammers.com)
Sat, 26 Nov 2005 01:06:28 GMT

Chris Williams wrote:

> Hi Tim,

> What a surprise to be reading along in comp.dcom.telecom and see
> someone mention California Drip and Tinkle. I grew up in Monrovia also
> (MSH '65). I can remember back in very early 1950s we had an AE-40 and
> to call my aunt and uncle in Highland Park we had to get the long
> distance operator by dialing 110. When were you in Monrovia?

> Regards,

> Chris Williams

Since you did not quote the message and it has been a couple of weeks,
I don't know if you mean me or not. I started in San Fernando/Granada
Hills with CW&T in 1967 just as it was being merged into General
Telephone of Calif. I worked in Monrovia/Hasting Ranch in 1968/1969.

The only good spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today?
(c) 2005 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot in Hell Co.

Go to Next message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: Auto Call Forward"
Go to Previous message: Sam: "New Online Auction Site"
May be in reply to: Paul Coxwell: "Los Angeles Numbering, 1940s"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page