TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: If You Would Like to Get Away From ICANN Oversight and Registrars

Re: If You Would Like to Get Away From ICANN Oversight and Registrars

Michael D. Sullivan (userid@camsul.example.invalid)
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 01:44:53 GMT

Robert Bonomi wrote:

> See ISO 3166-1 on-line at http://www.iso.org for what all those two-letter
> codes mean, and the CIA world factbook (can be found online at:
> http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/ ) for where the place
> is, and "more than you really want to know" about what they do there.

The problem is that http://www.iso.org will SELL you an official list
of the country codes for a lot of money if you just type 3166-1 into
the search box. I went to http://www.3c.org, searched for ccTLD
(country code top level domain) and got a FREE iso.org listing of the
country codes. It's at
http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-services/iso3166ma/02iso-3166-code-lists/list-en1.html

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I don't suppose you know about '.ms' do you?

Monserrat, according to the above reference.

Michael D. Sullivan
Bethesda, MD (USA)
(Replace "example.invalid" with "com" in my address.)

Go to Next message: John Levine: "Re: If You Would Like to Get Away From ICANN Oversight and Registrars"
Go to Previous message: Paul Vader: "Re: If You Would Like to Get Away From ICANN Oversight and Registrars"
May be in reply to: Patrick Townson: "If You Would Like to Get Away From ICANN Oversight and Registrars"