TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Verizon POTS

Re: Verizon POTS

Tony P. (kd1s.nospam@nospam.cox.nosapm.net)
Sat, 5 Nov 2005 08:52:34 -0500

In article <telecom24.503.4@telecom-digest.org>, Joe@NOSPAM.SPAM says...

> How long does it take for Verizon to install POTS?

> I have moved my mother to an apartment. The complex is not new, been
> there for 10+years. The previous tenent had Verizon POTS. I called
> Verizon for new service on 10/27. Got a tracking number. But it has
> been 5 business days and no telephone service. Checked online using
> tracking number but it shows "in progress", no date. Called customer
> support, on hold for 45min. then gave up.

> Any idea how long it takes?

Verizon is famous for having crappy outside plant records. For
example, when I moved here in October, 2004 they swore up and down
that service was hooked up. Plug in the phone and no dial-tone. No NID
either.

So I open the terminal block, take out the butt set and start dialing
the ANAC number on every pair. Not only did I find my pair, I found
the NID for my apartment and the two weren't anywhere near each other,
nor was the NID connected.

Called Verizon and told em' it was pair 14 and I wanted it hooked to
my NID. The tech that came out had a good laugh, he said I'd stirred
up a hornets nest inside Verizon's install/repair depot. Customers are
NOT supposed to open terminal boxes.

But when said boxes are secured with 7/16" nuts, it isn't hard to get
in.

Go to Next message: DevilsPGD: "Re: Recorded Call From Law Office?"
Go to Previous message: NOTvalid@XmasNYC.Info: "Re: Verizon POTS"
May be in reply to: Joe: "Verizon POTS"