TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Verizon FIOS, DSL, and Possible Cancellation Fees

Re: Verizon FIOS, DSL, and Possible Cancellation Fees

jmeissen@aracnet.com
3 Nov 2005 01:48:54 GMT

<jeremyeastburn@gmail.com> wrote:

> I currently am in the middle of a 1 year contract with Verizon DSL. I
> want to order Verizon FIOS but am worried about getting hit with the
> cancellation fee. I spoke with a DSL rep (FIOS was busy all day and I
> couldn't get through) and they said I could possibly have to pay the
> cancellation fee. My take is that I am upgrading my Verizon DSL
> service to Verizon FIOS service. I will be paying more money each
> month for FIOS so why would they want to hit me with a cancellation
> fee when I am actually upgrading.

Who is your ISP? If you are currently with Verizon Online and the FIOS
is with Verizon Online (you have no choice about that, actually), then
I would think it's not a problem.

John Meissen jmeissen@aracnet.com

Go to Next message: Joseph: "Re: Cingular GO Phone Questions"
Go to Previous message: Brad Houser: "Re: Remote Call Forwarding"
May be in reply to: jeremyeastburn@gmail.com: "Verizon FIOS, DSL, and Possible Cancellation Fees"