TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Are There Prepaid Cellular Plans That Use Existing Phones?

Re: Are There Prepaid Cellular Plans That Use Existing Phones?

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Sun, 30 Oct 2005 19:05:47 -0800

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 01:52:58 -0400, William Warren
<william_warren_nonoise@speakeasy.net> wrote:

> I have a Motorola 120C cell phone, which I was keeping as a spare for
> my regular cell calls on Verizon. However, Verizon won't allow the
> 120C on its network anymore, since it isn't E911 compliant. Although
> I'm able to keep my current phone going, they won't allow me to
> activate a different one if my present one fails, so I'd like to put
> the spare to good use.

> As it happens, my oldest son is going off to school in another state,
> and the school told me that prepaid cellular plans are a good way to
> limit costs. I'd like to use the 120C phone, and avoid having to buy a
> new one, since I already have the phone and all the accessories for
> it.

> Are there any prepaid cellular plans that will activate a Motorola 120C?

No guarantees. http://www.ldpost.com/phones.php?tab=cdma If it was on
Verizon there's a very good chance that they'll activate it since one
of the modles offered is the Nokia 5185 which I believe is not E911
capable though I'm not sure on that.

Go to Next message: Steven Lichter: "Re: Los Angeles Numbering, 1940s"
Go to Previous message: John Levine: "Re: Are There Prepaid Cellular Plans That Use Existing Phones?"
May be in reply to: William Warren: "Are There Prepaid Cellular Plans That Use Existing Phones?"