TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Are There Prepaid Cellular Plans That Use Existing Phones?

Are There Prepaid Cellular Plans That Use Existing Phones?

William Warren (william_warren_nonoise@speakeasy.net)
Sun, 30 Oct 2005 01:52:58 -0400

I have a Motorola 120C cell phone, which I was keeping as a spare for
my regular cell calls on Verizon. However, Verizon won't allow the
120C on its network anymore, since it isn't E911 compliant. Although
I'm able to keep my current phone going, they won't allow me to
activate a different one if my present one fails, so I'd like to put
the spare to good use.

As it happens, my oldest son is going off to school in another state,
and the school told me that prepaid cellular plans are a good way to
limit costs. I'd like to use the 120C phone, and avoid having to buy a
new one, since I already have the phone and all the accessories for
it.

Are there any prepaid cellular plans that will activate a Motorola 120C?

TIA.

William Warren

(Filter noise from my address for direct replies)

Go to Next message: David Josephson: "WU History"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "Google Wants to Dominate Madison Avenue, Too"
May be reply: John Levine: "Re: Are There Prepaid Cellular Plans That Use Existing Phones?"
May be reply: Joseph: "Re: Are There Prepaid Cellular Plans That Use Existing Phones?"
May be reply: Richard Kaszeta: "Re: Are There Prepaid Cellular Plans That Use Existing Phones?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page