TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Remote Call Forwarding Question

Re: Remote Call Forwarding Question
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:25:20 EDT

In a message dated Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:11:02 EDT, writes:

> Patrick,

> I stumbled upon your Telecom Digest while doing a search on Google; I
> hope you might be able to provide help. You have my permission to
> post this in your Digest.

> Please call me with questions! My contact info is at the end of this
> email.

> When did it become legal for telephone companies to solicit listings
> which are deceptive? A company in New Jersey that has a "local
> listing" in a Concord NH telephone book calling themselves "Concord
> Florist"? A locksmith or a towing company that lists in one phone
> book, but is actually nowhere near that location?

Foreign exchange service existed long before World War II, and
probably decades before that. Also long before the inception of 800

Remote Call Forwarding makes it less expensive, particularly with
the way toll rates have been falling, but it's hardly new.

Wes Leatherock

Go to Next message: George Berger: "Re: Caller ID TIME For Setting Time on Regular Pots Analog Phones"
Go to Previous message: "Re: Privacy Worries? Don't Print in Color"
May be in reply to: "Remote Call Forwarding Question"