TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Vonage and the 500 Minute Plan

Re: Vonage and the 500 Minute Plan

DevilsPGD (spamsucks@crazyhat.net)
Fri, 07 Oct 2005 21:18:38 -0600

In message <telecom24.457.3@telecom-digest.org> Henry Cabot Henhouse III
<sooper_chicken@hotmail.com> wrote:

> When I signed up with Vonage in December '03, I did the 500 minute
> plan, which was perfect. I seem to recall that all local calls - in
> our case in Los Angeles within the 323 area code -- were included and
> did not eat up any of the 500 minutes.

> Last month was the first time we've ever exceeded 500 minutes -- most of
> those for local 323 calls. I was charged for calls over and above my 500
> minutes, the call detail shows local calls being billed at the 3.9c per
> minute.

> I poked around the Vonage website and can't find any reference to
> local calls being included. Does anyone know a site that may have the
> older Vonage website in storage? An email to Customer Service
> resulted in a stock reply, pointing me to a bunch of faq's - none of
> which seem to answer my question.

At one point Vonage had a plan that included unlimited local calling,
and 500 minutes of long distance.

It's still offered in Canada, but was discontinued in the US when the
unlimited plan dropped to $24.99 (which was the original price of the
unlimited-local-calls plan)

In message <telecom24.458.14@telecom-digest.org> Daniel AJ Sokolov

<sokolov@gmx.netnetnet.invalid> wrote:

> Am 07.10.2005 07:16 schrieb Henry Cabot Henhouse III:

>> When I signed up with Vonage in December '03, I did the 500 minute
>> plan, which was perfect. I seem to recall that all local calls - in
>> our case in Los Angeles within the 323 area code -- were included and
>> did not eat up any of the 500 minutes.

>> Last month was the first time we've ever exceeded 500 minutes -- most of
>> those for local 323 calls. I was charged for calls over and above my 500
>> minutes, the call detail shows local calls being billed at the 3.9c per
>> minute.

>> I poked around the Vonage website and can't find any reference to
>> local calls being included. Does anyone know a site that may have the
>> older Vonage website in storage? An email to Customer Service
>> resulted in a stock reply, pointing me to a bunch of faq's - none of
>> which seem to answer my question.

> Do you have the "Unlimited Local Plan" for 24.99? It includes unlimited
> Local and Regional Calling plus 500 Long Distance minutes.

> Take a look at this:
> http://web.archive.org/web/20031201145749/http://vonage.com/

> It is a snapshot from December 1st, 2003.

IIRC, that plan was not grandfathered, all users were upgraded to the
unlimited calling plan which is the same price.

Go to Next message: BrianEWilliams: "Re: Finally Cutting the POTS Cord"
Go to Previous message: Jim Haynes: "Re: Electric Powerlines to be Used For Broadband"
May be in reply to: Henry Cabot Henhouse III: "Vonage and the 500 Minute Plan"