TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Flood Relief Efforts - Unfair Criticism?

Re: Flood Relief Efforts - Unfair Criticism?

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Mon, 05 Sep 2005 06:30:38 -0700

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 14:30:10 -0700, John L. Shelton
<john@jshelton.com> wrote:

> It will be very hard to convince me that 100k people in New Orleans
> were incapable of leaving in advance. Many poor people have cars, or
> have friends/families with cars. There were enough cars in NO to
> evacuate everyone.

Maybe you're having problems being convinced since you're well off
enough to have a vehicle to take you where you need to go. Many
people in the area are poor and probably had no way to move themselves
and their families out of there. I'm not sure why you're assuming
that there are enough cars in New Orleans to evacuate everyone.

Go to Next message: Tony P.: "Re: Washington Failed to Fund Levee Projects"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "Not Even Web Retailers Will Be Exempt From the Aftereffects of Katrina"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Flood Relief Efforts - Unfair Criticism?"