TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Sid Ceasar and Phones in Comedy

Re: Sid Ceasar and Phones in Comedy

Tim@Backhome.org
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:01:57 -0700

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:

> letting it properly return. The man then made another call, this time
> dialing only three digits. "Long Distance? Get me Walt Disney in
> Hollywood!".

Actually, that part was accurate around the LA area (or at least the
suburban independents) in the 1950s. You dialed "0" for the local
operator and "211" for the long distance operator.

Go to Next message: Tony P.: "Re: Internet Phone Companies May Cut Off Customers"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "An iPod Cellphone Said to Be Imminent"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Sid Ceasar and Phones in Comedy"