TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: New Orleans Phones Are All Out, Also

Re: New Orleans Phones Are All Out, Also

Jim Burks (jbburks@hotmail.com)
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:13:42 GMT

Jim Burks <jbburks@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> AT&T has lost multiple DS-3s (probably the whole fiber) between New
> Orleans and Jackson, MS, and between New Orleans and Gulfport, MS. No
> ability to reroute at this point.

> 37 AT&T offices have lost power and are on battery or generator. BellSouth
> has 64 offices down.

> Has anybody heard from Mark Cuccia? Hopefully, he either got out of
> town, or is keeping his head above water.

AT&T (and BellSouth) did an excellent job of restoral. Most of our sites in
the Gulf Coast area were down less than 24 hours. We don't have anything in
the city of New Orleans.

Jim Burks

Go to Next message: Monty Solomon: "An iPod Cellphone Said to Be Imminent"
Go to Previous message: Agence France Presse: "Global Warming Probably the Reason for Katrina"
May be in reply to: Jim Burks: "New Orleans Phones Are All Out, Also"