TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Debate Over Cell Phone Towers Growing

Re: Debate Over Cell Phone Towers Growing

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 06:51:00 -0700

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 17:05:34 -0500, Jim Salter <ap@telecom-digest.org>
wrote:

> "Almost every one of my neighbors says they're going to move if this
> thing goes up," O'Brien said.

And more likely than not they're the same people who will whine that
they can't get a good signal when they try to make calls on their
mobile phones. I think it's just a little strange to mount a huge
campaign especially when a company goes out of its way so what they're
doing won't intrude on a community. So many people getting bent out
of shape over a perceived danger that has not even been proven in
twenty years when there are other bigger targets which are likely more
of a threat. You don't see people railing against the power companies
for running high voltage transmission lines through neighbourhoods
"ruining" their property values either.