TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: How Long Can a Telephone Extension Cord Be?

Re: How Long Can a Telephone Extension Cord Be?

John Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
13 Aug 2005 19:02:14 -0000

> Recently, at a Radio Shack store at the telephone accessories
> section, I noticed that telephone extension cords were available in
> lengths up to 25 feet (but I didn't notice any that were longer).
> Is that because 25 feet is the longest you can go before there's a
> significant loss of signal strength?

I think the limit is about 18,000 feet. Then you might have trouble
carrying DSL over it.

Of course, a crummy extension cord with badly crimped connections that
are coming apart can mess up your connection even if it's two inches
long, but so long as it's well made, don't worry about it.

R's,

John

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Stock Market Ticker Tape Machines?"
Go to Previous message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: How Long Can a Telephone Extension Cord Be?"
May be in reply to: wylbur37: "How Long Can a Telephone Extension Cord Be?"