TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: How Long Can a Telephone Extension Cord Be?

Re: How Long Can a Telephone Extension Cord Be?

Michael Quinn (quinnm@bah.com)
Sun, 14 Aug 2005 06:11:20 -0400

Several years ago when or Verizon phone line failed (amazing, but it
does happen), the tech ran a cable from the nearby riser across our
lawn through the backyard into our house, must have been a hundred
feet or more, while they waited to retrench the new cable. Now that
there's fiber in the neighborhood, I guess they'll retrench a new
fiber cable if we order FIOS.

Regards,

Mike
Northern VA

> Recently, at a Radio Shack store at the telephone accessories section,
> I noticed that telephone extension cords were available in lengths up
> to 25 feet (but I didn't notice any that were longer). Is that
> because 25 feet is the longest you can go before there's a significant
> loss of signal strength

Go to Next message: Dennis G. Rears: "USENET (Was Re: Don't Forget Peter Jennings'... Flaw)"
Go to Previous message: B.M. Wright: "Re: Telephoning Russian Villages"
May be in reply to: wylbur37: "How Long Can a Telephone Extension Cord Be?"