TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Urgent Help Needed With Internet Explorer IE 6.0

Re: Urgent Help Needed With Internet Explorer IE 6.0

Colin (colin@sutton.wow.aust.com)
Sat, 13 Aug 2005 15:17:01 +1000

TELECOM Digest Editor wrote:

> This is an appeal to any Windows Internet Explorer person in our
> readership who can help me:

> Wednesday night/Thursday morning someone stuck me with a virus and the
> end result was my Internet Explorer browser is gone.

Which virus? Usually a description of the virus will tell you which
files and registry settings it corrupted.

Regards,

Colin

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: It was something to do with www.coolweb
and 180Search as I recall. I also took no chances and did a complete
reload of service pack 2 of Internet Explorer 6.0. It sure was a nasty
one, and what I get for allowing my nephew to peek at some
'unwholesome' web sites while he was sitting around with nothing to do
Wednesday afternoon. In his case for sure, idle hands made a very good
devil's workshop. But now that our business has been concluded, the
funeral for his mother (my sister) has concluded, and Justin checked
on employment and housing opportunities here; he is on his way back
home to Florida as I clean up the mess he made of my computers. Poor
Justin ... a Professor of Computer Science he won't be any time soon;
but a very good hearted kid he is. I am going to run all three of
those anti-virus tools I have (Grisoft, AdAware and Spybot Smash
and Destroy one last time before I go to bed tonight, and I am going
to begin normal operations here using the 'ptownson' account rather
than the 'administrator' account in the future as well. PAT]

Go to Next message: Anthony Bruno: "Digital Service BurnLounge Makes Anyone a Retailer"
Go to Previous message: Allen McIntosh: "Re: Urgent Help Needed With Internet Explorer IE 6.0"
May be in reply to: TELECOM Digest Editor: "Urgent Help Needed With Internet Explorer IE 6.0"