TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Typical Business Telephone Sets Today?

Re: Typical Business Telephone Sets Today?

I am a Sock Puppet (strap@hanh-ct.org)
Fri, 05 Aug 2005 10:04:58 -0400

J.P. wrote:

> One of the things I appreciated about the Executone IDS systems I used
> to maintain is that the "wave" desk phones had 2500-style keypads on
> them instead of the keypads found on the new business system phones
> (buttons wrong size, a 'mushy' feel to them, etc.). Nothing beats
> those old tried and true keypads.

> J.P. Wing

I wonder if they are even available anymore since Intertel bought them out.

I know they do make cards that let you use them on your intertel system
if you already own them, but I don't know if you can buy them new anymore.

T. Sean Weintz wrote:

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Even in the case of Centrex it is very
> rare that telco provides an _actual wire pair to the outside_ for
> every phone thus equipped.

I think you misunderstood my use of the word "outside". By "outside",
I meant "leaving the cusomers property" - IE: going back to the CO,
where the centrex switch is. I did not mean a connection to the PTSN
for each keyset.

And of course they charge for each centrex line going back to the CO.
Out here SBC has pitched us about 35 a month for centrex 1100, about
15 a month for centrex 3100. They can't seem to get it thru their
brains that $0 a month for PBX connections that we oiwn outright is a
better deal.

<SNIP>

> Remember that 'centrex' means that telco has your 'PBX' on its
> premises rather than in your office. Otherwise calls in or out are
> handled about the same way and with the same rules in place. PAT]

EXACTLY. I knew that -- I think my choice of the word "outside" was a
mistake. To me, the lines going to the centrex switch at the CO are
"outside lines" - they leave the building, and you pay every month for
them. Which is why it is such a bad deal for places such as us, where
capital expenditure money is much easier to come up with than
operating cash.

DO NOT REPLY TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS
IN THE HEADERS OF THIS POST.
IT IS A SPAM TRAP ADDRESS.

Go to Next message: Rich Greenberg: "Re: Typical Business Telephone Sets Today?"
Go to Previous message: T. Sean Weintz: "Re: Typical Business Telephone Sets Today?"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Typical Business Telephone Sets Today?"