TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Typical Business Telephone Sets Today?

Re: Typical Business Telephone Sets Today?

T. Sean Weintz (strap@hanh-ct.org)
Thu, 04 Aug 2005 11:40:30 -0400

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:

> My department at my employer uses plain 2500 style telephone sets
> under a Centrex system. I kind of assumed they were still common
> place, but I understand now that they're kind of unusual? I heard
> caller-ID is very common on business phones, is that true?

> [public replies, please]

Every office I have ever worked in has had a PBX system using some sort
of proprietary keysets.

Every office I have ever worked in since '95 has had keysets with an
LCD display that (amomg other things) displays caller ID.

Centrex is a ripoff IMO. Especially for offices where most of the
calling is in-house. Why pay for a line for each station when say only
20% of your calls ever go outside the building?

Go to Next message: I am a Sock Puppet: "Re: Typical Business Telephone Sets Today?"
Go to Previous message: J.P.: "Re: Typical Business Telephone Sets Today?"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Typical Business Telephone Sets Today?"