TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Use of a Mysterious Cookie Irks Some Internet Users

Re: Use of a Mysterious Cookie Irks Some Internet Users

news.rsvl.unisys.com (kenneth.wheatley@gb.unisys.com)
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 10:39:18 +0100

Monty Solomon <monty@roscom.com> wrote in message

> By DAVID KESMODEL THE WALL STREET JOURNAL ONLINE

> Earlier this summer, Uno Bloom, a songwriter in Brentwood, Tenn.,
> noticed that his home computer appeared to be slowing down. He
> searched the files on his hard drive in an effort to uncover clutter,
> and found dozens of Internet cookies labeled "2o7.net."

Maybe I'm being dim, but I don't see how cookies will make a system slow
down appreciably.

Go to Next message: Ryan: "Re: AT&T Customers Being Taken Over By AllTel"
Go to Previous message: David Quinton: "Re: Use of a Mysterious Cookie Irks Some Internet Users"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Use of a Mysterious Cookie Irks Some Internet Users"