TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Apple to Add Trusted Computing to the New Kernel?

Apple to Add Trusted Computing to the New Kernel?

Monty Solomon (monty@roscom.com)
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 09:42:42 -0400

Cory Doctorow

People working with early versions of the forthcoming Intel-based
MacOS X operating system have discovered that Apple's new kernel makes
use of Intel's Trusted Computing hardware. If this "feature" appears
in a commercial, shipping version of Apple's OS, they'll lose me as a
customer -- I've used Apple computers since 1979 and have a Mac
tattooed on my right bicep, but this is a deal-breaker.

http://www.boingboing.net/2005/07/31/apple_to_add_trusted.html

Go to Next message: USTelecom dailyLead: "BellSouth Rolls Out Wireless Broadband Service"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "Comparison Shopping"
May be reply: Steven Lichter: "Re: Apple to Add Trusted Computing to the New Kernel?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page