TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Credit Reports, was: AT&T Customers Being Taken Over By AllTel

Credit Reports, was: AT&T Customers Being Taken Over By AllTel

Danny Burstein (dannyb@panix.com)
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 19:29:33 UTC

In <telecom24.342.15@telecom-digest.org> Steve Sobol
<sjsobol@JustThe.net> writes:

[ snip, snip, snip. Go out and buy the book already ]

> But when all is said and done, and resolved, pull a credit report
> anyhow. You are now entitled to one free report per year - that was a
> law in certain states before, but it is now a *federal* law, with all
> US citizens being entitled to the free report.

Pretty close, but not quite yet. Soon ...

The Feds mandated free access, but on a sliding map. It started with
the west coast Dec 2004 and is making its way across to the Atlantic.

Most of the US is already covered, but the east coasters have to wait
until September, 2005.

> http://www.annualcreditreport.com/

and ...

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/edcams/credit/ycr_free_reports.htm

dannyb@panix.com

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: But by the time the original party
refuses to pay the thousand dollars, gets placed with an agency (if
that happens, which I doubt) we will be around to September already.
Anyway, she is from Texas, I do not know if that is east coast or
west coast for the purpose of when credit bureau files will be
available or not. PAT]

Go to Next message: retrosorter: "Bell Canada Cell Scam?"
Go to Previous message: Elizabeth M. Gillespie: "Google Says Microsoft Lawsuit is Nothing But a Charade"
May be reply: Steve Sobol: "Re: Credit Reports, was: AT&T Customers Being Taken Over By AllTel"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page