TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: R-TEC Isolation Filter and Unknown Box

R-TEC Isolation Filter and Unknown Box

wh349055@netscape.net
23 Jul 2005 16:36:10 -0700

I was in my basement, trying to remove the mess of wires, and putting
them all on a punchdown block. I noticet two old grey bell co wires
going to a box called an isolation filter. From there they went into a
box called an "R-tec STU-7". Inside the r-tec box, there is a
rechargable battery, and an instruction sheet. The sheet says:

-Telephone must be wired for briged ringing
-Use straight line ringers only with bias spring at minimum setting.

The box is grey, says "Phone Co Property" and is about 9'' by 5'' by
2'' deep.

What is this, and what does/did it do (it was disconected)

Thanks,

Warren

Go to Next message: jmeissen@aracnet.com: "Re: Need to Drop SBC LD Service. Info on Other Carriers?"
Go to Previous message: Jim Haynes: "Re: Western Electric - Major Works - Status Today?"
May be reply: William Warren: "Re: R-TEC Isolation Filter and Unknown Box"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page