TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Camelot on the Moon - From Our Archives

Camelot on the Moon - From Our Archives

Patrick Townson (ptownson@telecom-digest.org)
15 Jul 2005 14:00:00 CDT

Eleven years ago in the Digest, we paid homage to an event which
happened a quarter-century before that: American astronauts walking
on the moon. Now it has been 36 years since that event which
occupied our attention during the hot summer of July, 1969. The
principal contributor to the Digest with a report on _his_ part
in that historic event was Don Kimberlin, a man I have lost track
of since shortly after he wrote the essay of his rememberances
which we printed then and reprint now. If Don Kimberlin is still
around on the net, perhaps he will tell us what has happened over
the past decade.

For your review and hopefully enjoyment in reading over the weekend,
Kimberlin's article is printed below and some of my own memories
about that fabulous weekend.

If you prefer to read this on the web, and enjoy the 'scenery' of
the beautiful .jpg images in the background, go to our web site
http://telecom-digest.org and near the bottom of the home page, look
at the feature story item by the same name.

PAT

Go to Next message: TELECOM Digest: "Camelot on the Moon: 25 Years Ago We Walked There"
Go to Previous message: Julian Thomas: "Re: Don't Let Data Theft Happen to You"
May be reply: Justa Lurker: "Re: Camelot on the Moon - From Our Archives"
May be reply: Scott Dorsey: "Re: Camelot on the Moon - From Our Archives"
May be reply: Jeffrey Mattox: "Re: Camelot on the Moon - From Our Archives"
May be reply: Paul Vader: "Re: Camelot on the Moon - From Our Archives"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page