TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Where to Buy a Cellular Phone Jammer?

Re: Where to Buy a Cellular Phone Jammer?

Fred Atkinson (
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 08:22:47 GMT

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 23:21:42 -0400, mc <> wrote:

> Not as far as I know. The Communications Act of 1934 gets amended
> all the time, but it is still, as far as I know, the basis of radio
> regulation in this country (and, yes, television and cell phones
> are, physically, radio). Did it go away when I wasn't looking?

Well, the Telecommunications Act of 1996 was enacted. I had assumed
that it replaced the Communications Act of 1934. I guess I was wrong
on that assumption. Do we have any lawyers on here that can clarify
that issue?

Go to Next message: Clark W. Griswold, Jr.: "Re: Using Comcast to Host Web Site"
Go to Previous message: Joseph: "Re: Where to Buy a Cellular Phone Jammer?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page