TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Microwave Fading 6 Gig

Microwave Fading 6 Gig

HarryHydro (harryhydro@hotmail.com)
9 Jun 2005 12:45:17 -0700

Hi Folks:

I wrote a qbasic program that scans 4 Alcatel radios. It also
pages me on problems. I was called almost 10 times around 1:30AM this
morning (6/9/05) and again around 4:00AM even more times! My heel are
draggin'. Anyway, this has been going on for the last few days.
These are not stormy evenings, or even windy. In the plots this
program makes, I see signals dropping, or maybe it's noise level
increasing, enough to break microwave paths. This is 6gig stuff ... The
4 radios at this site point in different directions, and the radios
almost go wacky the same time, but not exactly. For a half hour, the
signal on one radio faded to almost break while the others were doing
OK. Sometimes the two receivers on one radio will fade together,
sometimes not. (diversity) I've associated some of these to mag
storms, but most are weather related. However, these last few days
have been pretty stable.

Could it be temperature inversions at 1:30 in the morning doing this?

Harry

Go to Next message: Carl Moore: "Surgery 6 Days Ago"
Go to Previous message: Gary Novosielski: "Hatch Act"
May be reply: GlowingBlueMist: "Re: Microwave Fading 6 Gig"
May be reply: Tony P.: "Re: Microwave Fading 6 Gig"
May be reply: HarryHydro: "Re: Microwave Fading 6 Gig"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page