TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: From our Archives: History of Standard Oil and Bell System

Re: From our Archives: History of Standard Oil and Bell System

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Wed, 08 Jun 2005 21:35:31 -0700

Wesrock@aol.com wrote:

> You have it backwards about the relationship of Valero and Diamond
> Shamrock. Valero is the parent company; Diamond Shamrock is one of
> several brands they market under.

Thank you for the correction. To make it more confusing, the Valero
and Beacon stations here all used to be Ultramar stations, and I know
Ultramar at one point *was* an independent Canadian refiner and
marketer, but I have no idea of their status *now.* :)

I'm pretty sure the Beacon stations are owned by ... well, I guess it's
Valero ... :)

JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"

Go to Next message: Lisa Minter: "FBI Disputes Reports of Tech Woes"
Go to Previous message: Barry Margolin: "Re: Schools Prohibit Personal E-mail Sites"
May be in reply to: TELECOM Digest Editor: "From our Archives: History of Standard Oil and Bell System"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page