TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Packet8 DTMF Tones Sound "Clipped"

Re: Packet8 DTMF Tones Sound "Clipped"

DevilsPGD (spamsucks@crazyhat.net)
Thu, 02 Jun 2005 01:34:43 -0600

In message <telecom24.241.16@telecom-digest.org> PrinceGunter
<slippymississippi@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> I regularly forward my Vonage service to my cell phone, and from there
>> my cell phone transfers the call invoice voicemail. Callers can enter
>> their phone numbers to get a call back, this function works fine.

>> I also check my own voicemail through the forwarding loop sometimes
>> (If I'm traveling in Texas I can dial my Texas virtual number as a
>> local call, rather then calling long distance to my cellphone's number
>> in Calgary.)

> Both of these instances have the DTMF travelling in the opposite
> direction than the situation I'm dealing with.

> I'm placing an inbound call to a Vonage number that's been forwarded,
> and expecting DTMF back from the recipient. As the caller, however, I
> can generate DTMF to the recipient just fine.

Ahh okay, that makes sense. I haven't actually tested that scenario,
although if I get bored I could ...

Go to Next message: Steven Lichter: "Known Spam Sites"
Go to Previous message: Telecom dailyLead from USTA: "Sony Offers Video Calling"
May be in reply to: slippymississippi@yahoo.com: "Packet8 DTMF Tones Sound "Clipped""
TELECOM Digest: Home Page