TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Packet8 DTMF Tones Sound "Clipped"

Re: Packet8 DTMF Tones Sound "Clipped"

DevilsPGD (spamsucks@crazyhat.net)
Fri, 27 May 2005 19:24:12 -0600

In message <telecom24.236.11@telecom-digest.org> PrinceGunter
<slippymississippi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Correction ... it appears that the customer didn't mention a piece of
> the puzzle. He has two locations, one is served by Vonage and one is
> served by Packet8. When we spoke, he was on a phone connected to
> Packet8 but the number I dialed to reach him was forwarded through his
> Vonage service. It appears the DTMF munging is being done when he
> forwards his Vonage service to any other location.

> Is there any way to correct this? Thanks for all your help!

I regularly forward my Vonage service to my cell phone, and from there
my cell phone transfers the call invoice voicemail. Callers can enter
their phone numbers to get a call back, this function works fine.

I also check my own voicemail through the forwarding loop sometimes
(If I'm traveling in Texas I can dial my Texas virtual number as a
local call, rather then calling long distance to my cellphone's number
in Calgary.)

So in short, I think it's just you -- You might want to try contacting
Vonage's tech support though, they might be able to do something. If
you do, make sure to followup in July (once Vonage gets back to you)
and let us know if you find anything interesting :)

Go to Next message: Tim@Backhome.org: "Re: Tie Lines was Re: Foreign Exchange (FX) Lines Still in Use?"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Very Early Modems"
May be in reply to: slippymississippi@yahoo.com: "Packet8 DTMF Tones Sound "Clipped""