TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: AT&T - Cingular - Alltel; They Broke MY Contract!

Re: AT&T - Cingular - Alltel; They Broke MY Contract!

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Wed, 18 May 2005 20:23:35 -0700

Joseph wrote:

> You may *think* that this is true of all the major carriers, but the
> reality is that for mobile service cingular does not require a
> contract if you bring your own equipment and do not opt into any
> special promotions. The other major mobile carriers, T-Mobile, Sprint
> PCS, Nextel, etc. do not "give you a break" and will require a minimum
> contract.

Sprint will not require a contract for postpaid service if you pay $10
per month over and above the normal plan fees. You can even switch
from being in contract to doing the $10 per month (but you will have
to pay the $150 early term fee for that privilege). Of course, they
don't charge you extra for month-to-month if you've fulfilled your
contractual obligation.

Back when my wife got her Sprint phone in late 2000, their in-store
local coverage map didn't indicate that our neighborhood was covered
-- which is odd, because they have a tower a mile or so from our house
-- so we went month-to-month for a couple months until we were
satisfied that coverage was what we needed, after which we signed a
contract and eliminated the $10 fee.

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

Go to Next message: TELECOM Digest Editor: "Syndicating Telecom News"
Go to Previous message: Steve Sobol: "Re: Sprint Has a Surprise For "Wireless Web Access""
May be in reply to: Steve: "AT&T - Cingular - Alltel; They Broke MY Contract!"