TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Sprint Has a Surprise For "Wireless Web Access"

Re: Sprint Has a Surprise For "Wireless Web Access"

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Wed, 18 May 2005 20:25:39 -0700

billemery wrote:

> Used my trusty Nokia as a modem the other day to see if it worked and
> called my ISP's dialup access number for folks on the road or whatever
> and found that Sprint had charged me .40 a minute for "wireless web
> access". What a rip !!! Gonna change to t-mobile or someone (anyone)
> else. Don't like surprises.

Um...

This has never been a secret with Sprint; in fact, if you look in the
user manual for any recent phone it will *say* there are charges. It's
in the manual for my Samsung VGA-1000...

The only per-minute charges are for the old 14.4Kbps slow wireless web
access. PCS Vision is billed either flat-rate or per kilobyte
transferred depending on which Vision package you have.

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

Go to Next message: Steve Sobol: "Re: AT&T - Cingular - Alltel; They Broke MY Contract!"
Go to Previous message: Steven Lichter: "Re: Sprint Has a Surprise For "Wireless Web Access""
May be in reply to: billemery: "Sprint Has a Surprise For "Wireless Web Access""