TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: It Happened Again

Re: It Happened Again

T. Sean Weintz (strap@hanh-ct.org)
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:07:00 -0400

TELECOM Digest Editor wrote:

> Again, today, Wednesday, late evening, spam rolled in so heavily here
> at massis, about 6 or 8 messages got lost in the shuffle, including
> one from Robert Bonomi. When the last issue before this came out,
> around 7 PM Wednesday evening, it was a larger than usual issue and
> the queue totally cleared out. Then midnight Wednesday, start of
> Thursday, we were hit again with a spam attack. So if you responded
> Wednesday evening sometime and it is not here, please replace it. I
> think it is quite ironic that one of Bonomi's messages got lost this
> time around, somewhere between a couple of the phishing attacks and
> one of the 'God Bless You from Nigeria Where my Late Husand was Killed
> by the Rebels' messages.

> PAT

You might want to think about investing in a good anti-spam appliance.
Of course for that to be feasible, you must host your own email (run
your own mail server) which I am not sure you do.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Alas, I do not. The mail server is
purely part of the MIT system, besides which, I am not sure I am
smart enough to run a mail server. PAT]

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Getting Serious About the War on Spam"
Go to Previous message: Tim@Backhome.org: "Re: ID Thief Wins Constantly! TRUE Story"
May be in reply to: TELECOM Digest Editor: "It Happened Again"