TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Getting Serious About the War on Spam

Re: Getting Serious About the War on Spam

Henry (henry999@eircom.net)
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:39:17 +0300

Tony P. <kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net> wrote:

> Better yet -- every piece of spam tries to sell something. Just follow
> the money trail and arrest and imprison the seller. Suddenly it won't
> be as attractive to market via spam when you're facing a 15 year
> sentence.

Yeah, and _what kind of_ a 15-year sentence! Popular lore has it that
there is a 'hierarchy of respect' among inmates, with bank robbers
having the highest prestige and child molesters at the bottom. If/when
more of these spammers are locked up, the molesters may get a break.

Cheers,

Henry

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: And please don't forget, if we are
serious about the problem with spam, let's get MCI, cut out of the
loop ASAP. PAT]

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: PPC Advertising, Click Fraud, and Its Effect on Search Engines"
Go to Previous message: Justin Time: "Re: Internet Pioneer: VoIP is NOT Telephony"
May be in reply to: Lisa Minter: "Getting Serious About the War on Spam"