TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Classic Telephone Call on PC

Re: Classic Telephone Call on PC

Gerhard Nowak (nonspam@gmx.net)
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 19:56:41 +0400

Yes, I think you are right! Again after failed welding activities
I will have to finally install the asterisk in my Redhat 9.0,
but I don`t know, if the X-pro also will work there.

Only I am not so convinced about Linux yet: Just two days ago I
installed Amule on it and it was running fine, but soon it crashed and
couldn`t be uninstalled anymore (bcause it says "no such file
installed") and when I try to reinstall the .rpm it says "is already
installed"!

Such thing will never happen in Windows, btw., Linux also didn`t
recognize the soundcard yet and there is no special Linux-driver out
there for this. (Redhat 9.0 on an IBM TP600E Laptop)

Thanks to everybody.

Gerry
Mauritius

Robert Bonomi <bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> In article <telecom24.142.9@telecom-digest.org>, Gerhard Nowak
> <nonspam@gmx.net> wrote:

> Heck, why didn't you _say_ that's what you wanted to do? Doing -that-
> is an entirely different matter than what you first asked about.

> See <http://www.asterisk.org>

> The price is right -- the software is free, Although it won't run
> under MS Windows, the Windows "replacement" that is required is also
> free.

> Ding, ding, ding! we have a winner! Asterisk requires Linux, or
> similar.

Go to Next message: Danny Burstein: "So ... What's an E-Mail Address Worth to a Spammer?"
Go to Previous message: AES: "Re: Google Maps"
May be in reply to: Gerhard Nowak: "Classic Telephone Call on PC"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page