TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Sprint PCS Vision Added to Open Relay DataBase

Re: Sprint PCS Vision Added to Open Relay DataBase

Dave Garland (dave.garland@wizinfo.com)
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 21:05:46 -0600

It was a dark and stormy night when Eric Friedebach
<friedebach@yahoo.com> wrote:

> It seems that Sprint has been added to the Open Relay DataBase...
> Has anyone here had this happen to their ISP? How long did it take to
> get it resolved?

Every now and again, one of my ISP's mail servers will find its way
onto a RBL (realtime blackhole list) such as that. Usually they get
it resolved in a couple of hours. But my ISP is pretty proactive
about stomping on spammers and people with open relays. Maybe if the
RBL proprietors thought they were lax, it might take a bit longer to
get off. (And every RBL has its own criteria, one or two have
reputations of being very slow to unlist.)

Go to Next message: jmeissen@aracnet.com: "Re: Sprint PCS Vision Added to Open Relay DataBase"
Go to Previous message: Choreboy: "Re: Every Ten Days"
May be in reply to: Eric Friedebach: "Sprint PCS Vision Added to Open Relay DataBase"