TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Fax Station ID

Re: Fax Station ID

Robert Bonomi (bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com)
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 02:01:37 -0000

<NOTvalid@surplus4actors.INFO> wrote:

> John Schmerold wrote:

>> Anyone know if it's a law or regulation that requires faxes to include
>> station identification at top of every page sent ?

> Yes ... but

> Only if made after a certain year.

> My 4800bps fax card from my XT which I still use is exempt.

Sorry, John, but you are *wrong*.

You, "the person" sending the fax are *still* required to place the
identification information at the top/bottom of every page, or on the
first page.

You are correct that _equipment_ manufactured before 20 Dec 1992 does
not have to do this 'automatically', HOWEVER, just because you are
using such equipment you are _not_ exempt from the requirement of 47
USC 227 (d) (1).

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: GSM-900"
Go to Previous message: Rich Greenberg: "Re: Fax Station ID"
May be in reply to: John Schmerold: "Fax Station ID"