TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Some Concerned About Privacy Implications of E-ZPass System

Re: Some Concerned About Privacy Implications of E-ZPass System

Stuart Barkley (stuartb@4gh.net)
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 14:12:14 -0500

The article and discussion here both miss what I consider a more
important issue with the EZ-pass system:

There is no way to know who else is tracking the EZ-pass transponders.

The transponder should have a audio and/or visual indicator whenever
it is read. How else can you know that Big Brother is only reading
the transponder for its intended use and instead isn't reading it in
other locations for other purposes.

There should also be an off switch on the unit although I can see that
causing more problems with people forgetting to turn it back on before
traveling through EZ-pass lanes.

I've never been lost; I was once bewildered for three days, but never
lost! -- Daniel Boone

Go to Next message: Tony P.: "Re: Texas Sues Vonage Over 911 Problem"
Go to Previous message: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Dealing with Vonage"
May be in reply to: Wesrock@aol.com: "Some Concerned About Privacy Implications of E-ZPass System"