TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Some Concerned About Privacy Implications of E-ZPass System

Re: Some Concerned About Privacy Implications of E-ZPass System

Garrett Wollman (wollman@lcs.mit.edu)
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 21:48:44 +0000 (UTC)

Barry Margolin <barmar@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> Massachusetts doesn't give a discount for FastLane,

Actually, the Turnpike does. The resident discounts on the harbor
tunnels now require Fast Lane (and have since it was introduced,
IIRC), and the two toll barriers on the Extension give a 25-cent
discount for Fast Lane customers.

> but last year they instituted a tax deduction if you use it enough to
> be considered a commuter (I think $150 or $250).

I believe it's actually written such that you don't have to use Fast
Lane, but you're unlikely to have saved all those receipts in any
other form.

-GAWollman

Garrett A. Wollman | As the Constitution endures, persons in every
wollman@csail.mit.edu | generation can invoke its principles in their own
Opinions not those | search for greater freedom.
of MIT or CSAIL. | - A. Kennedy, Lawrence v. Texas, 539 U.S. ___ (2003)

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: New Long Range Cordless Phones?"
Go to Previous message: John Levine: "Re: Texas Sues Vonage Over 911 Problem"
May be in reply to: Wesrock@aol.com: "Some Concerned About Privacy Implications of E-ZPass System"