TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Dangling Broadband From the Phone Stick

Re: Dangling Broadband From the Phone Stick

jmeissen@aracnet.com
24 Mar 2005 08:27:16 GMT

<hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com> wrote:

> It seems to me you contradicted your own post and have a double
> standard.

> Your clipping stated that cable companies offer broadband as an
> alternative. So consumers DO have an alternative and don't have
> to walk six blocks in bad weather to get it.

Not true. There are many places where cable Internet access is not
available. Also, there are many situations where cable isn't
appropriate. For instance, I need a DSL circuit to connect to a local
independent ISP. I can't use Comcast for that. I shouldn't have to
also have incumbent telco service, too, just to get that circuit.

john-

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: What Happened To Channel 1"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Some Concerned About Privacy Implications of E-ZPass System"
May be in reply to: Jack Decker: "Dangling Broadband From the Phone Stick"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page