TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Level 3 Withdraws Request for VoIP Fee Ruling

Re: Level 3 Withdraws Request for VoIP Fee Ruling

DevilsPGD (ihatespam@crazyhat.net)
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:34:30 -0700

In message <telecom24.126.8@telecom-digest.org> Jack Decker
<jack-yahoogroups@withheld on request> wrote:

> But because FCC Chairman Michael Powell had left last week, the timing
> was no longer right for a ruling, Level 3 CEO James Crowe said in a
> statement. "The appointment of new leadership only three business days
> before the statutory deadline for ruling on the petition" made it
> "inappropriate to ask the agency to resolve this important issue in
> the timeframe required by law," Crowe said.

To translate from PR-speak to English, they didn't think that the new
overlords would give a favourable ruling.

Go to Next message: Dave VanHorn: "Re: What Happened To Channel 1"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "Our Telephonic Primacy"
May be in reply to: Jack Decker: "Level 3 Withdraws Request for VoIP Fee Ruling"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page