TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: What Happened to FM Channels 1-199?

Re: What Happened to FM Channels 1-199?

Garrett Wollman (wollman@lcs.mit.edu)
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 23:21:21 UTC

<BobGoudreau@withheld at request> wrote:

> Now that we've covered the history of VHF Channel 1, can anyone
> explain why the official FM channel numbers are in the range 200-300
> instead of 1-101?

I believe it was simply to avoid confusion with the TV channels 2-83.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman    | As the Constitution endures, persons in every
wollman@csail.mit.edu | generation can invoke its principles in their own

Go to Next message: Paul Coxwell: "Re: What Happened To Channel 1"
Go to Previous message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: What Happened To Channel 1"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page