TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: New Long Range Cordless Phones?

New Long Range Cordless Phones?

Dave (newsgroups@dave!!!christense!!n.o!!!r!!!g)
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:46:17 -0900

I saw a link earlier for this on Slash Dot. Its a cordless phone that
supposedly works 100km from the base station (under ideal conditions).

http://www.goodbyelongdistance.com/catalog/item/1441280/975984.htm

Other then the obvious potential for grief from the FCC, anyone else
have any thoughts?

I'm living in a rural Alaskan town and traditional cell service is
spotty to none, even with an old bag phone and roof antenna so I was
thinking that this could be an interesting approach to local mobile
phone service.

Thanks,

-Dave

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: What Happened To Channel 1"
Go to Previous message: Hilbert: "Who's the Owner of the Dim-and-Burst Signaling?"
May be reply: Dave Garland: "Re: New Long Range Cordless Phones?"
May be reply: Tony P.: "Re: New Long Range Cordless Phones?"
May be reply: Michael Quinn: "Re: New Long Range Cordless Phones?"
May be reply: Robert Bonomi: "Re: New Long Range Cordless Phones?"
May be reply: John Bartley: "Re: New Long Range Cordless Phones?"
May be reply: Marcus Didius Falco: "Re: New Long Range Cordless Phones?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page