TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cell Phone ATT

Re: Cell Phone ATT

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:24:41 -0800

On 19 Mar 2005 19:03:34 -0800, absmith3@hotmail.com wrote:

> I have an ATT contract dated in Oct- 2004- before Cingular bought ATT.
> Now Cingular is saying that I owe it $170 for cancellation fee if I
> tranfer service to Verizon.

If you had a one year contract your contract would be fulfilled in
October 2005.

> My contract was with ATT and I never signed anything with
> Cingular. So, looks like the ATT contract is shakey at best. Does
> anybody have any experience similar to mine and didn't pay for
> cancellation fees?

When Cingular assumed AT&T Wireless' assets they also assumed all of
its agreements which would include any contract you had with AT&T
Wireless. If you had a year's contract with AT&T Wireless your
contract did not end when Cingular purchased AT&T Wireless. I'm
pretty sure that if you had failed to meet the terms of your contract
with AT&T Wireless they would have charged you an early termination
fee. Bottom line is that you are responsible for your contract til
the end of your contract term. There is no get out of jail free pass
by your being absorbed by Cingular.

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Cell Phone ATT"
Go to Previous message: John Levine: "Re: Cell Phone ATT"
May be in reply to: absmith3@hotmail.com: "Cell Phone ATT"