TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cell Phone ATT

Re: Cell Phone ATT

John Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
21 Mar 2005 01:23:13 -0000

> I have an ATT contract dated in Oct- 2004- before Cingular bought ATT.
> Now Cingular is saying that I owe it $170 for cancellation fee if I
> transfer service to Verizon.

> My contract was with ATT and I never signed anything with
> Cingular. So, looks like the ATT contract is shakey at best. Does
> anybody have any experience similar to mine and didn't pay for
> cancellation fees?

AT&T Wireless merged with Cingular and the combined company calls
itself Cingular. Merely changing the name of the company doesn't void
the contracts, any more than all your contracts would be voided if you
got married and changed your name.

Go to Next message: Joseph: "Re: Cell Phone ATT"
Go to Previous message: David B. Horvath, CCP: "Re: Cell Phone ATT"
May be in reply to: absmith3@hotmail.com: "Cell Phone ATT"