TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: E-Mail Paranoia

Re: E-Mail Paranoia

Thomas A. Horsley (tom.horsley@att.net)
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 02:22:24 GMT

Actually, there is a much simpler way to deal with this: Never click on
any links mailed to you :-).

For something like the Toshiba laptop, if I had gotten that mail I
would have gone to the Toshiba web site and searched for information
about the laptop model involved, and if I found a link starting from
Toshiba's official web site, I'd be much more likely to click on it
(although if the problem description also had serial numbers and
wot-not I could check manually, I'd still be more likely to do that
than to run their program).

>>==>> The *Best* political site <URL:http://www.vote-smart.org/> >>==+
email: Tom.Horsley@worldnet.att.net icbm: Delray Beach, FL |
<URL:http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley> Free Software and Politics <<==+

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: E-Mail Paranoia"
Go to Previous message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: E-Mail Paranoia"
May be in reply to: Lisa Minter: "E-Mail Paranoia"