TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Strange Call ID

Re: Strange Call ID

John Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
7 Mar 2005 03:43:52 -0000

> I live in Greece. I received a call from my cousin in NY. On my caller
> Id his number appeared as 0044212xxxxxxx (where the x's show his
> actual 212 area code POTS number.

> How is this possible?

It's a bug somewhere, but good luck tracking it down.

I have Lingo VoIP service here in the US, and when calls are forwarded
from my Lingo phone to my cell phone, occasionally the numbers show up
as 01144NXXXXXX, the same bug you're seeing.

In my case the calls are all domestic US calls so it would be
extremely unlikely that the bug was due to them being routed through
the UK.

Regards,

John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 330 5711
johnl@iecc.com, Mayor, http://johnlevine.com,
Member, Provisional board, Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial E-mail

Go to Next message: Mark Crispin: "Re: Strange Call ID"
Go to Previous message: John R. Levine: "Re: Vonage"
May be in reply to: Spyros Bartsocas: "Strange Call ID"